Monday, May 21, 2012

One HUGE Tip For Creating Content That Google Will Love

This 4th step is a HUGE one because without content, you're not going to get approved for Google Adsense. So to help you, here's a big tip on how to create the blog content for your Blogger blog:


Create High Quality Content That's Relevant, Helpful and Current!
When Google rolled out the initial 'Panda' update (a/k/a the 'Farmer' update) to it's search engine algorithm in February of 2011, Google wanted to improve user experience by weeding out thin low quality blogs and websites that were gaming the system from their search engine rankings. The initial and subsequent monthly updates have made it clear that Big G is placing a lot of value on (a) content quality, (b) the relevance of content to a search inquiry, (c) how helpful content is likely to be to a site page visitor, and (d) content freshness.

I'm changing what I'm recommending you do with respect to (1) the number of posts you create, and (2) the length of those blog posts. So you want to write informative, relevant blog posts that are well written, have no misspellings or errors in grammar. Number of posts: I would NOT apply for my Adsense publisher ID with just 3 - 4 blog posts now; I would spread it out to at least 7 blog posts (the number of posts really depends on your topic and length of your posts). Length: At the low end, 500 - 600 words and at the high end, more than 1,000 words in length. Don't flip out over post length ... focus on giving Google the high quality content it wants.
This is completely different than what I did to get approved for the Adsense program in 2007, but it is a prime example of how quickly things can change up in the internet marketing world. You're still going to post content to your blog every other day. For example, if you make your initial posts on Monday, you'll make your next group of posts on Wednesday and your final post on Friday.
What did I do?: I created 2 detailed 650 word posts on my subject that were very informative. I spaced the posts 2 days apart, added a detailed topic related "About" page and added an RSS feed covering news about my topic. The day after I made the 2nd post, a Saturday, I applied for my Adsense publisher ID. I was approved the same day.
In case you're wondering about the topic I chose, I chose a medical condition. There was commercial intent and there was a decent amount of Adwords ads running for the search terms that I wanted to focus on, so I ran with it.
4 steps down, 1 more step to go to get approved for your Adsense publisher ID.

Ideas and Resources You Can Use When You're Struggling to Create Quality Content

No comments:

Post a Comment